Thursday, April 9, 2009

Migraines

I have suffered from hideous migraines for the last couple years.  They generally show up in the middle of the night, which is very annoying.  I was talking to my mom yesterday and she asked me if I'd had a migraine recently...she cursed me.  3 AM my head woke me up.  I took 4 different types of drugs before the cocktail finally knocked me out about 5:45. This wouldn't be so bad, except that my migraines get worse when I lay down, and one of the drugs I took makes you really sleepy.  Adam woke me up at noon by knocking on my window, apparently this was after pounding on the front door didn't wake me up. (I always keep the front door locked, and Adam NEVER knows where his house keys are.)  When I opened the front door I asked him why he didn't call.  Then he informed me that he had, multiple times, and sent a text message (Adam NEVER sends texts, and after inspecting my phone realized I too would have been worried, he called 12 times).  He was afraid I had died from my cocktail and came to check on me. 
If any of you know any remedies for migraines, by all means I am open to hearing them.  I have tried all sorts of drugs and I am starting to think an ice pick to the temple is the best option.

No comments: