Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Adam and I made it back from our trip to the motherland without incident.  We go down to Montana a few times a year to visit a family that Adam met on his mission, the Weisners.  They live on the most amazing piece of property and the views from their front window are amazing! I have some pictures I will be posting in the next few days on my facebook account.
  While we were down there JT, the dad, was talking to Adam about a legend his grandmother used to tell him about.  Apparently a big train robbery happened in that area of Montana. $1,000,000 worth of gold was heisted.  The robbers were being chased and decided to ditch their gold in a lake and retrieve it later.  The problem is that they couldn't remember which lake it was that they stashed it in.  Several of them died (lead poisoning, being a robber has its dangers), and the one that survived lived out his days in jail. 
So this gold is still in whatever lake it was stashed in, and the story goes that this lake is on JT's property, or right near it. Adam has decided this would be good fun to go hunt for this gold, I told him have fun, I'll wait for you where there is electricity and running water. He is going to make a guy's trip out of this with his friend Wes and go for a gold hunt. He asked me if I wanted to go along and be the camp chef, apparently he thought I was joking when I told him my idea of camping is the Holiday Inn. 
If this turns out well, nice Christmas presents for everyone, if it turns out as it is likely to, at least Adam will have some fun stories to tell the grandkids.

2 comments:

Allison said...

If you want I can give him first hand stories of how you fare while camping!! He probably won't bug you after that!!!

danielle said...

hmm. good to know, i'll send you my Christmas list by May.