Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This one's for Pamla...

I am fairly certain that most people hate coming up with things to make for dinner. Even if they like the actual MAKING of dinner, coming up with what to make seems to be something that is universally disliked. My friend Pam seems to have a particularly hard time since between her hubby and kids she is basically left with water as the one ingredient that everyone will consume without complaint. I tell her she should tell them to suck it up and eat what she makes, but she is nicer than I am and tries to make everyone happy. Tonight while coming up with something to make for dinner I decided I should post whatever I made. Hopefully Pam can get her brood to eat this. Very easy and very tasty!

Pesto chicken and bow ties
1 box bow tie pasta
1.5 lbs cubed chicken
1 jar quartered artichoke hearts
1/2 jar basil pesto (I used the Classico brand)
2 cups cheese - I have used Feta and Parmesan but tonight I had mozzarella in the
fridge

In a large pot cook pasta. While the pasta is cooking, cook cubed chicken with 1/2 to 1 C water in a skillet. Drain pasta and chicken and return to large pot, stir in artichoke hearts, pesto and cheese. Serve immediately. This is also really good if you refrigerate it and eat it cold for lunch the next day. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! And I will admit to being the Pamla in the story. At least you always spell my name right. :) Thanks for the recipe and I am SOOO going to make it soon! I'm in love with artichoke so I'm all over this. And my family has been slightly better with trying what I make lately...wish me luck!