Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sometimes being distracted turns out healthier...

Have you ever been so distracted while cooking that you realize you forgot to add an ingredient? That was today for me. I have this fantastic recipe for banana muffins (see below) from Adam's cousin Sarah and I was making a double batch to use up the mostly black bananas hanging out on the counter. The recipe calls for 1/4 C of melted butter, and since I was doubling it I melted a whole stick. As I was taking the second batch out of the oven, I looked up and realized the dish of butter was still in my microwave. Bonus about this is that they still taste great and were now mostly fat free! Try them out, so easy and SOOO yummy!

Banana Muffins:
3 large ripe bananas
1 C sugar
1 1/2 C flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/4 C melted butter

Preheat oven to 350. Beat the bananas until mostly liquid. Add everything else and mix well. Fill 12 lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until done. I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on top before I bake. For a really tasty treat drop a few chocolate chips in each muffin before you bake. Delish!

1 comment:

Rie Teemant said...

I can't wait to try these when I get home!